Sunday, September 24, 2017

Monday Inspiration





Sundays are my only day off in the week so naturally they involve a lot of running errands and tidying up life. So today I went down to Chelsea to get some groceries but ended up wandering for a little. I walked over to the flatiron building to stand by tourists and window shopped at the stores on 5th. I love going shopping to just style outfits. I usually don't even buy anything, its more fun to just see the way the stores are merchandised and get a feel for all the new fall trends. Recently I have been feeling very inspired by the 70s. I look for that 70s feeling in everything. I love flared jeans, burnt oranges, and a printed blouse that somehow has a nostalgic quality. 
I've been inside my head a lot lately. And while running with two, too heavy bags of groceries to catch the 1 before it left the station I think I felt the first little bit of kindness I've ever received in New York. While trying to hold both bags and swipe my metro card the train operator saw me struggling and held the door. Sounds like just a little good deed. But theres a lot less midwestern kindness here so I'm taking everything I can get. I feel like I'm starting to find my place here.

I've been listening to Maggie Rogers on repeat this week. If you haven't already watched this Tiny Desk Concert you should. Her music reminds me of summer at home in Ohio. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment