Monday, September 18, 2017

Monday Inspiration





I’ve never felt as lost as I did the first week I was here in New York alone. It was so much to take in. That week I met up with a new New York friend for coffee on my first rainy day alone. He gave me some of the best advice about New York I’ve received. He told me to watch Sex and the City. And while, I know its Sex and the City, its nothing even close to reality, but I went home and finished the whole series and then the movie. And he was right, it added some sparkle to the city on a rainy day, it helped me to start looking for the Carrie Bradshaw moments here. But most importantly it taught me that New York style is just wearing something a little bit out of your comfort zone and carrying it with confidence. People here respect you more when you’re wearing a fantastic outfit. So I started getting creative with my clothes, and the first day I wore men’s pants while running errands a real New Yorker complimented my outfit.

Feeling lost is such a normal thing in NYC but now I’ve just been looking for the sparkle.

Since I moved to New York it feels like my mind has been overwhelmed with inspiration. It’s everywhere and sometimes it's so overwhelming that I feel lost in it all. I wanted to start this segment of my blog to help me document things that inspire me in an attempt to make it all a little less intense and overwhelming. I'm thinking of it as a place to make a weird sort of list of what has been on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment